- About Us
- Health & Wellbeing
- Benefits Portal
Unum’s Help@Hand Service
On the 9th March 2021, UNUM announced that they are supporting small businesses by offering Help@Hand at no additional cost to their Group Life and Critical Illnesses policies with 250 or less employees. As we were previously aware employees of Executive Income Protection, Sick Pay Insurance and Group Income protection policy holders are also eligible for Help@Hand at no extra cost.
UNUM have recognised that at such a crucial time it is more important than ever to support and provide essential services to a wider group of customers at no extra cost.
Emma Clay, Employee Benefits Consultant for Health Matters UK feels that this is a very important addition to the product offering that UNUM provide for employees to access should they ever need the support. Insurers have consistently updated their products with invaluable services over the past year and with UNUM providing this service across their offering to all employees, it consolidates UNUM as one of the top Insurers in today’s market who consider what employees really need to help them with their everyday health.
The Help@Hand service offers members access to:
- Remote GPs – unlimited video consultations with a UK based GP including prescription and medications delivered directly where needed. This service is available to employees, their partners and children.
- Mental Health Support – up to 8 consultations including initial assessments per year – this can be delivered via video consultation and could include online cognitive behavioural therapy modules. If during a video assessment the therapist identifies that in person treatment would be the most beneficial route, then this will be offered.
- Physiotherapy – up to 8 consultations including initial assessments per year. The treatment will usually include digitally delivered exercises with ongoing support via video consultation assessment.
- Medical second opinions- available either in person or via video consultation with a UK based private consultant, following final diagnosis.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Life, financial and wellbeing support. Providing guidance and practical resources including 24/7 helpline as well as tools and information to support health and wellbeing.
All the above services can be accessed by a member of a group scheme after the employer has registered their organisation to use Help@hand.
If you would like to hear more about this fantastic addition to UNUM’s schemes or would like help with registering please get in contact with a member of the team.
Want to know more? get in touchGet In Touch
Why not sign up to our newsletter to get all the latest news.