- About Us
- Health & Wellbeing
- Benefits Portal
BUPA Cash Plan Update
We’re taking extra steps to help cash plan customers access the services they need right now. From an extended range of services they can use from home to covering PPE on dental benefits (depending on the policy), here’s what we’re doing to help.
- From 13 July 2020, we’ve covered the cost of exceptional PPE for dental treatments up to benefit limits for the remainder of 2020 as a policy exception.
- Cash plan policies with a dental benefit include cover for virtual dental services. There are various ‘at home’ options which can be chosen and claimed back for in line with dental benefit limits and terms and conditions.
- If a customer is midway through treatment or has an emergency, they can have a free consultation with a Bupa dentist either by telephone or by arranging a video appointment. This service does not impact dental benefit limits.
Health support for cash plan customers
- We’ve waived the usual pandemic exclusion on claims for any hospital in-patient stays and hospital day-case admissions relating to COVID-19 which began after 12 March 2020. This means any claims for hospital in-patient stays and hospital day-case admissions relating to COVID-19 will be processed in line with the policy benefit limits.
- We continue to process claims for all other benefits in line with the existing standard terms and conditions for the cash plan. The pandemic exclusion will continue to apply to all other relevant benefits, such as consultations and diagnostic tests or scans where these are included in your policy, unless we inform you otherwise.
- Our cash plan policies include cash back towards physiotherapy costs up to policy benefit limits and subject to terms and conditions. We’ve arranged for customers to have access to services either by phone or video consultation if they don’t want to attend a face to face appointment, which can be claimed back in line with the policy benefit limits and terms and conditions.
- We are extending access to our online health check benefit to the main member on all of our cash plan policies until the end of 2020. Our online health check is a wellbeing portal which provides a lifestyle score with recommendations and access to online coaching and support tools.
Want to know more? get in touchGet In Touch
Why not sign up to our newsletter to get all the latest news.