Did you Know?
Health Facts that you may not have known.
- Each month, 23 million people (more than three times the populations of london) visit their GP surgery or practice nurse.
- Full-time GPs treat an average of 225 patients a week on the NHS.
- Studies have shown that foods high in monounsaturated fat, such as nuts and avocados, can improve your health and can help you lose weight.
- Identical twins have identical DNA but not identical fingerprints. DNA does not control finger skin patterns.
- Newborns can only see approximately as far as their nose.
- The brain produces natural stimulants that cause people who are in love to experience feelings of euphoria.
- lack of water is the biggest cause of daytime fatigue. Aim to drink 1.5 - 2 liters of pure water each day.
- Drinking lemon and ginger tea each day can help reduce arthritic problems.
- Smoking 20 cigarettes a day can take 10 years off your life.
- Water is one of the six basic nutrients. It is widely seen as the most important because the body requires it constantly and all the important chemical reactions - such as the production of energy - take place in water.
- Tap water quality in the UK is among the highest in the world.
- Strange as it sounds, drinking more water actually helps to reduce water retention.
Editor: Ryan Cranston