AVIVA - Our Cancer Pledge just got even better
Further improvements to our Cancer Pledge
You may remember that we enhanced our cancer cover at the beginning of the year and introduced our cancer pledge. As one of the market leaders in health insurance we are always looking to provide improved levels of cover which are really clear and easy to understand. As a result, we're pleased to announce we’ve made further improvements to our cover.
We’ve removed the monetary limits on our ‘reduced out-patient’ option for cancer claims and have back dated this to January 2012 when we introduced our cancer pledge. This means that if your clients have selected the ‘reduced out-patient’ option on their policy, we won’t apply the specified limits to any treatment received after cancer has been diagnosed.
Peace of mind and support for your clients
Under our extensive cover we already include the treatment a specialist recommends:
- targeted therapy drugs like herceptin and avastin in full
- radiotherapy and chemotherapy in full
- stem cell and bone marrow transplants
- bisphosphonate drugs which help to keep bones strong during cancer treatment
- full cover for rehabilitation and specialist nursing
- charity and hospice donations.
- when treatment finishes we’ve extended the monitoring period from five to ten years, to check the cancer hasn’t come back
The above is just a summary, to find out more visit our enhanced cancer pledge page.
We believe that by being clear about what cover we provide, through transparent and easy to understand explanations, we can reduce the stress people understandably feel if they need to make a claim for cancer treatment.
But the real peace of mind comes from knowing that we are always here to help, which is why our dedicated and experienced Oncology team provides support from diagnosis through treatment, to aftercare.